The Intervenor Organization of Ontario (IOO) is comprised of intervenors and is committed to providing advocacy and support on behalf of its members.
Through the provision of a Code of Ethics, professional standards and opportunities for career development, the IOO is dedicated to providing quality intervention services to deaf-blind persons.
- To act as an advocacy and support group for its members
- To promote public awareness of the profession
- To develop and maintain a Code of Ethics
- To set standards of certification
- To provide professional development opportunities and information sharing
- To initiate and promote the development of programs designed to facilitate the education and training of potential intervenors
- To act as a resource and support to other organizations